This is a really neat free augmented reality (AR) app for your phone, iPad or tablet. With this app you can scan the sky to find planets, stars and constellations, galaxies, and even satellites flying over head! When you scan the object a short blurb appears down below explaining what you see.
Some of its features include:
- Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
- Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
- Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
- Supports Space NavigatorTM binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
- Available for both Android and Apple devices.
Check out the short video about SkyView:
Check out the links below for more information!